- Develops and preserves information systems which classify the location of hazardous materials;
- Advices and assists clients with their inquiries and providing information on the regulations, laws and other pertinent regulatory bodies as needed;
- Provides solutions and services to clients fitting to their requests;
- Supervises and reports on environmental protection agreements;
- Supports capacity building for clients in the field of environmental management;
- Ensures compliance on the regulations of operations in the establishment;
- Conducts studies, policy dialogues and sector work on enhancing the environmental contributions of urban projects and mitigating its adverse environmental impacts;
- Conducts environmental data gathering activities in different working practices, pollution control principles, environmental monitoring activities, and the environmental impact statement system;
A bachelor’s degree in environmental/natural sciences, chemical/environmental engineering or any related discipline is required to be a qualified Environmental Specialist with A post graduate degree is an advantage but is not required.
- Able to identify complex troubles and can review connected information to establish and assess options and implement solutions;
- Knowledgeable on harmful materials including hazardous wastes and other dangerous pollutants;
- Capable of comprehending government regulations related to harmful materials and wastes;
- Aware of the repercussions of new information for current and future problem-solving and decision-making processes;
- Knowledgeable in scientific rules and methods to be able to solve problems;
- Able to analyze relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the most appropriate one;
- With the ability to perform testing and measurement of services, products or procedures to assess quality;
- Knowledgeable with environmental tools used to produce dimensional models and interpret data;
- Proficient in the use computer software programs for analysis of data and controlling procedure of equipment;
- Excellent in written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills;
- Ability to work in independent nature while devoted to an organized team surroundings;
- Reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations;
- Ability to look for ways to help people;
- Can efficiently manage one’s time.
The monthly salary of Environmental Specialist may range from P25,000-P28,000 excluding benefits and other compensations.
With broad knowledge and wide experience in environmental monitoring and management, an Environmental Specialist should be able to advance as either a senior specialist or consultant.
With the construction and Energy sectors continuously growing, regulatory bodies conducting intensive enforcement of ethical environmental policies, both the public and private sectors are attempting to promote the Green Economy in all-encompassing efforts. Thus, an Environmental Specialist may be involved in these sectors specifically in executing research, management or administrative tasks.
The cost of pursuing a bachelor’s degrees in engineering varies between public and private public university. Public schools may charge around P 700- P30,000 per semester while private schools charge fees ranging from P11,000 – P50, 000 per semester.