Careerinfo.ph is a Career Information System developed and maintained by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Bureau of Local Employment (BLE). It serves as a database of Career Information Pamphlets that provides valuable information such as nature of work, basic educational requirements, skills and competencies, attributes, employment opportunities, and cost of education training.
The Bureau of Local Employment is a staff agency of the Philippine Department of Labor and Employment that promotes decent and productive employment for Filipino workers through bridging programs that improve employability, efficient employment intermediary services, responsive labor market information, and proactive employment regulatory policies.
Creation and Mandate
The Bureau of Local Employment traces its roots to the National Employment Service (NES) which was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 761 in 1952 to ensure the best possible organization of the employment market as an integral part of the national program for the achievement and maintenance of maximum employment and the development and use of productive resources.
The rationalization and restructuring of the organizational and functional structures of government agencies and instrumentalities led to the changes in the composition and functions of the NES. In 1974, the Bureau of Employment Services (BES) was created to handle local and overseas employment functions. By virtue of Executive Order No. 797 promulgated in 1982, the Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) assumed the functions of the Bureau of Apprenticeship and the domestic employment functions of the Bureau of Employment Services.
The BLE, through the years, is guided by the following functions as provided in the Administrative Code of 1987 and Labor Code of 1974:
- Formulate policies, standards and procedures on productive manpower resources, development, utilization and allocation;
- Establish and administer a machinery for the effective allocation of manpower resources for maximum employment and placement;
- Develop and maintain a responsive vocational guidance and testing system in aid of proper human resources allocation;
- Regulate and supervise a private sector participation in the recruitment and placement of workers locally under such rules and regulations as may be issued by the Secretary;
- Establish and maintain a registration or work permit system to regulate employment of aliens;
- Develop and maintain a labor market information system in aid of proper manpower and development planning;
- Formulate employment programs designed to benefit disadvantaged groups and communities; and
- Perform other functions as may be provided by law or assigned by the Secretary.
Opportunities to full, decent, and gainful employment for every Filipino jobseeker in an enhanced Philippine labor market.
Promote decent work in the Philippines through policy and program development based on timely and accurate labor market information.