Baristas must possess at least Vocational Diploma/ Short Corse, Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Beverage Servies, Hospitality, Tourism, Hotel Management or equivalent. At least 6 months to 1 year of working experience in the related field is an advantage.
- With strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Relates well with different kinds of people, and take on work with high integrity and a positive outlook
TESDA Accredited Training course for Barista costs P8,000 – P17,000.
- Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism
Baristas with outstanding performance can move to a managerial position as Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, overseeing the food and beverage operations of an Espresso bar or café.